This is a blog about my journeys as a biker-chick and my journey in life with Jesus, too!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Night of Firsts

Tonight was my first out-of-town trip. Okay, we only went 55 miles round trip, but it was a big deal to me! I did a lot of things I had never done before!

My first really BIG thing was to ride my bike at 65 MPH. I have never ridden that fast before tonight. It was also the first time I had ridden on a 4-lane highway. What a blast! I do look forward to the day, though, when I have a bigger windshield -- and when I win the lottery -- a big touring bike! That wind is merciless. But at least now I know I CAN DO IT!

We went from North Manchester, Indiana to Salamonie Lake Dam. There are a lot of great twists and turns on that ride once you're off the 4-laner. I wish I would have stopped and taken some pictures of the roads we were on -- you'd love all the twisties!

I did take some pictures of our destination spot.















Here is a picture of the lake. We stopped our bike on top of the dam. I thought it would bother me to be up high like that but it didn't bother me at all!

















This is a picture of my riding buddy, my husband of 23+ years, Eddie. It's all his fault I ride now! He is sitting on his 2004 Harley Sportster 1200. Aren't his little short legs too cute?


















This is a picture of me taken today by my riding buddy. I don't have my own helmet yet, and I don't have my own jacket yet, either. I am wearing my husband's denim shirt. We are getting my gear one little thing at a time. :-) My first gear purchase was my Harley Boots (not shown in this pic!). I love my boots! The sticker on my helmt says, "Hairdo by Helmet." I love it. A wonderful biker chick friend sent it to me. I met her on the "Women Who Ride" forum at Delphi Forums. When I finally get my own gear, I want it to be pink: pink helmet, pink jacket, pink gloves -- everything pink! I would love some pink flames on my bike, too, but can't convince my honey to let me do that. I want people to know I'm a GIRL when I ride!

















This is Salamonie Lake. Lots of good fishing here! It is one of my favorite places to take my kids camping.

















Another picture of the dam.

















Just another pretty picture of the lake. I never thought I'd enjoy riding a motorcycle so much! But everytime we pull in the drive, I wish we could ride some more!



No comments:

Subscribe in a reader

Subscribe to Jesus Loves Biker Chicks, Too!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner